This past Friday was our annual Haviland Playday...the 81st to be exact. For those who don't know what that is, I'll give a short explanation. It's basically a day where the whole community comes out to play....all day. :) The morning is filled with races for all ages from preschool up to grandparents. They have tricycle, bike, and running races. The most fun ones are where the parents and grandparents get to run with their kids and grandkids. They're always good for a laugh or two. :) There are other activities throughout the afternoon, and then it always ends with the high school homecoming football game that evening. Anyway, it's a really fun day for the whole community. Because I grew up here, I got to take part in playday every year. I've really missed it, so it was so much fun for my kids to finally be a part of it and start making those memories.
Hannah and her friend Karson.

Hannah and me in the mother daughter race. We're on the very end on the right.
Jessa was not happy about running, but I made her try it anyway. We even got a blue ribbon on this and candy at the end, but it didn't improve her mood. She didn't run in anymore races that day. :)



Hannah running with grandpa and grandma (my parents).
Nathan running with my dad.
Nathan in the sack race.
No comments:
Post a Comment