Monday, August 17, 2009

first day of school 2009

My two older babies started back up with school today as 3rd and 4th graders! My how the time flies...I just wish it wouldn't fly quite so quickly sometimes. :) I love watching our kids get older and seeing all the changes they go through, but there are times when I just want to do everything in my power to stop them from growing up so fast!

It was raining when I took them to school this morning, so I really didn't have time to dwell on the irony of walking my kids up the exact same sidewalk and through the exact same doors that I walked on and through as a child. It's probably a good thing because as I'm sitting here now, I'm getting a little emotional, and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have gone over well with them this morning. Going in with them was purely selfish and for my own benefit. But I promised them I wouldn't do it again...just this first morning. :)

I'm happy to report that they had a great first day. When I went to pick them up, both their mouths were bubbling over about how much fun they had and the new friends that they made. I am so grateful! Going to a new school is never easy, but the Lord was definitely with them today. They weren't even ready to come home!

Anyway, enough blabbering from me. Here's a picture of the three of them before I took them to school.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

And there's something special about having extra time alone with your baby girl!