Tuesday, August 25, 2009

mixed emotions

I just got a call from my friend Cori in CA that she's going to have her baby tomorrow! She's 38 weeks and due to some minor complications, they've decided to go ahead and deliver her by c-section. Her friendship is one that I never imagined or expected to have while I was in CA. But none the less, our families became very close while we were there, and I'm so thankful! So not being there for the birth is really bittersweet for me. On one hand, I'm so excited for her and know that she's so relieved that it'll be over. But on the other hand, I REALLY want to be there. Looks like I'll be buying a plane ticket in the very near future. :)

This pic was taken of Kevin, myself, Cori, and her husband on Catalina Island a few weeks before we moved.

No comments: