Thursday, July 30, 2009

Update

Unfortunately, I don't have any house updates yet. Not a lot of progress has been made in the past couple weeks. We're making a trip to Wichita on Saturday to hopefully pick out some flooring, at least for the living room if nothing else. Kevin and my dad attempted to strip the floors and basically realized it was a way bigger job than we'd expected. There are layers upon layers of paint, and we noticed that some of the boards are cracked and would need to be replaced. So we decided to not refinish the wood floors. I think we're just going to go with laminate in most of the downstairs...we'll see. We're learning to live in this temporary and unfinished stage, and I find myself more thankful each day for our home. Kevin made the comment today that "it's hard to look past the now and the mess that we're in. But we need to remember that we prayed for housing, and the Lord provided." And he's absolutely right, we need to thank and praise God for His provision, that we have a place to call home. We are blessed beyond measure, and I am SO thankful!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

It is going to be so beautiful when you are done with it and remember, it's not the house that makes a home...it's your beautiful FAMILY inside it!!!