Yeah yeah, I know that time keeps on going and doesn't stop. But school JUST started(or seems like it), and now I turn the page and October's staring me in the face. Then a friend of mine had the nerve to remind me tonight that Christmast is in just two months. Seriously, where does the time go? If the old saying is true that "time flies when you're having fun", then I must be having a TON of fun! :)
But I was bothered tonight at how the thought of Christmas almost being here made me stressed. Christmas and stressed shouldn't even be used in the same sentence. Yet so many of us, whether we realize it or not, equate Christmas with spending money that we don't have for stuff that we don't really need...stuff that's fun no doubt, but usually not something that's going to leave a lasting impression on whoever receives it. Now don't get me wrong, I love getting things for people just simply to see their enjoyment. But doing things for others can bring just as much, if not more enjoyment. My friend that gave me the reminder of Christmas has the right idea. For Thanksgiving, she and her family are planning on going to a homeless shelter or some place similar to serve others instead of doing the typical big meal. What a great way to show Jesus' love to others in a way that most likely will have a lasting impression.
1 comment:
What a good reminder! I have been keeping a count down to Christmas, and it is so close, it is scary. But the stress for me comes with finals at the beginning of December rather than the weeks before Christmas day.
Post a Comment