Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I love where we live

I'm so thankful for the apartment complex we live in. I was not at all excited about having to live in an apartment when we moved out here. I was definitely spoiled by always being able to live in a house with ALL of the modern conveniences. But when we moved out here, we ended up in an apartment with no dishwasher or washer/dryer hookups. I thought I would die without them, but in all honesty it hasn't been all that bad. I can tell you for sure that someday when I get to have my own dishwasher and washer/dryer again, I will definitely have much more appreciation for them. :) Anyway, God knew what He was doing when He placed us in this spot..duh! It has a total community feel to it, and we've met many Christian families with kids the same ages as ours. We've got a great big open grassy area right outside our front door where the kids can run around, play and ride their bikes. On any given day we'll walk outside to find lots of families out playing. All of our kids all play together and because they're always outside, it give us parents the opportunity to be outside too and spend time with other adults while we're watching our kids play. Today was one of those days, and I found myself being so thankful for God bringing us to this place.

No comments: