We had the opportunity to head to KS for our last three weeks of summer break before school started up again, both for the kids and for Kevin. The kids and I flew to KS, and then Kevin joined us a week later for the next two weeks. We had a great time being able to spend quality time with family and friends. We also had the privilege of being a part of Zac & Mercedes Johnson's wedding. Zac is a former youth student of ours from when we were in Hugoton, KS. Zac asked Kevin several months ago if he would perform the wedding ceremony, and of course Kevin said yes. It was such an honor for Kevin. He was definitely nervous since he's never done a wedding before, but he did an awesome job. I was so proud of him! And like a dork, I didn't have my camera with me.
Also while we were there, we celebrated my Grandma Lucy's 90th birthday. I love her so much! She is an amazing woman and is still in really good health. It was so fun to be able to spend that special time with her.
Here is a picture of my grandma with my mom when she first got there.
All in all it was a great vacation. I'll post more pictures whenever I get them onto my computer.
1 comment:
I wish we could have been there but we have been so unbelievably busy down here that I feel like I haven't had a moment to breathe! Thanks for posting the picture!
Post a Comment